Somerset House invites applications for the Black Business Incubator Program for Early-Stage Entrepreneurs in the UK in 2022.
This twelve-month programme provides a combination of co-working and project space as part of Somerset House’s extensive creative community. BBI Members will also benefit from mentorship and interactive masterclasses led by leading professionals in the creative industries.
Worth of Award
Over a 12-month period this free programme will provide 15 creatives’ businesses with:
- 6-month mentorship from industry specialists
- personal and professional development through monthly skill-building events and masterclasses
- 6 months free co-working space (with subsidized rates for second six months) and bookable meeting space at Somerset House
- business opportunities through the wider Somerset House resident community
As part of the 12-month programme, you will benefit from free interactive masterclasses, mentorship and workspace, worth a value of £7,200. The successful cohort will have access to hot-desking space at Somerset House to help participants fuel their business creativity and build a network within the Somerset House community.
Are you an ambitious creative entrepreneur who is motivated to build your business skills to create sustainable growth? This opportunity is for 15 Black- led creative businesses that are embracing innovation, pushing boundaries and making an impact.
You are welcome to apply if you:
- Identify as Black or Mixed-race, and are based in the UK
- Have launched a product or services business within the UK that is less than 3 years old
- Are motivated to gain skills and knowledge to help you grow a profitable and sustainable business
- Operate within the creative sector: this includes fashion, film, media, design, photography, gaming, marketing and advertising
- Are passionate about building your network and engaging in a 6-month mentor relationship
- Are of any age
How to Apply
To start your application for the Black Business Incubator Program, simply click here.
Deadline: Applications for the third cohort are now open, the deadline for applications is Sunday, June 19 at 17.00.