The University of Malta invites applications for the Scholarship for MSc by Research in ICT or Engineering in the 2022/23 academic year.
The project is led by the Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering within the Faculty of Engineering. AIR SAVE aims to develop a compressed air (CA) monitoring system which uses Artificial Intelligence to autonomously monitor and control air and energy consumption of industrial CA systems.
This system will also identify and classify inefficiency sources such as leakages and/or worn out actuators in real-time. It is estimated that manufacturing companies in Malta waste around 8 to 16 thousand MWh/yr worth of electricity to compensate for CA leakages. The project will ultimately develop, produce and commercialise a smart system which improves the sustainability of CA systems and hence the competitiveness of manufacturing firms.
Worth of Award
- These studies will be supported by a stipend of €6,000 per annum for a one-year period for full-time studies, or €3,000 per annum for a two-year period for part-time studies. Any extended studies will not be supported by a stipend.
- Students from non-EU/non-EEA countries are given the opportunity to apply for a scholarship that may lead to tuition fee waivers of up to 100% for deserving students.
- The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor degree in ICT or Engineering.
- Applicants should be eligible to be admitted to the Master of Science degree offered by the University of Malta in fulfilment of the applicable bye-laws of the Faculty of Engineering or the Faculty of Information & Communication Technology.
- The selected candidate will be required to register for a M.Sc. by Research degree programme in ICT or Engineering at the University of Malta (preferably on a full-time basis), commencing at the first available opportunity for registration.
- Candidates who are already enrolled on a taught Master’s degree may also be considered.
- International applicants are required to present an internationally recognized English Language proficiency certificate at the required level.
How to Apply
- Candidates should submit their letter of application, a copy of their curriculum vitae, copies of their certificates and contact details (including e-mail address) of two referees. Applications should be sent by email to Dr Karen Cacciattolo.
- International candidates are required to present certified translations of their qualifications into English.
- Note: The scholarship awardee will be required to complete an MSc application, which is considered separately.
Deadline: Applications close on June 30, 2022.