IHE Delft Institute for Water Education invites applications for the SIDS Fellowships for West African Students in the Netherlands in 2022.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands has made available a number of fellowships for the MSc Programme in Water and Sustainable Development at IHE Delft starting in October 2022. MSc Fellowships will be provided to participants from ODA SIDS countries and cover the cost of tuition fees, accommodation, insurance and travel.
During the taught part in Delft, extracurricular workshops will be organised to strengthen the relations amongst SIDS water professionals and to stimulate the building of a Community of Practice.
The SIDS programme is a unique fellowship programme aimed at water professionals from small island developing states. Fellowships are available for the MSc Programme in Water and Sustainable Development starting in 2022.
Worth of Award
MSc Fellowships will be provided to participants from ODA SIDS countries and cover the cost of tuition fees, accommodation, insurance and travel.
- Academic admission to the MSc programme in Water and Sustainable Development 2022
- Application for admission submitted before 1 June 2022
- SIDS fellowships will be provided to participants from the following SIDS countries: Belize, Cabo Verde, Comoros, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Fiji, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Kiribati, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Federated State of Micronesia, Montserrat, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome & Principe, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
How to apply
Please submit an online application for admission through the website of IHE Delft. When you are completing your application, you will be requested to answer 5 motivation questions.
In order to increase your chances for scholarship, you are requested to answer these questions as detailed as possible and focus in your motivation on your vision on the main water-related challenges to achieve the SDGs in your country and explaining how you can contribute to achieving these goals in your country/region after graduation.
These questions are mentioned below, so that you can prepare yourself:
- Why are you applying for this programme? Max 600 characters with spaces
- What are the specific challenges, issues or problems (in your country, region or worldwide) that you would like to address once you have completed this study? Max 1000 characters with spaces.
- How will this programme enable you to address above-mentioned challenges, issues or problems? Max 1000 characters with spaces.
- What are your most relevant qualifications and experiences that make you a suitable candidate for this programme? Max 1000 characters with spaces.
- Where do you see yourself five years after you have graduated? Max 1000 characters with spaces.
- There is a question in the application form, under the heading Financial, called: payment options. There you have to select: Scholarship.
- After receipt of your application, IHE admission committee will decide if you meet the academic admission criteria. If this case you will receive a provisional admission letter and you will automatically take part in the selection for a SIDS scholarship.
- There is no need to submit a separate application for a scholarship.
Deadline: Applications for admission should be submitted before June 1, 2022.