University of Melbourne invites applications for the Faculty of Science Postgraduate Writing-Up Award in Australia for the 2022/23 academic year.
The Awards support eligible Science research higher degree (RHD) candidates during the preparation of journal articles or books. This is based on the graduate research thesis submitted for examination.
Worth of Award
The award includes a $5,000 stipend paid over three months.
Successful applicants will need to complete a final report while those who apply with less than two manuscripts may be considered for a lesser amount.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- have submitted your PhD/MPhil thesis for examination and be awaiting the examination result
- not have been awarded a similar award
- not undertake full-time or substantial regular part-time employment during the tenure of the award (>10 hours/week)
- have submitted your thesis within three years and 10 months (FTE) candidature period, or one year and 11 months (FTE) for MPhil.
- As of April 2020, if you have had your submission delayed by the circumstances around COVID-19 and thus missed submission deadline, please outline the impact in your application and it will be considered.
That said, international graduate researchers must commit to spending at least 66 per cent of their time in Melbourne during the writing up of articles.
However, graduate researchers returning to their home country following submission of their thesis are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants are expected to submit a
- completed application form including a writing-up proposal, writing plan and timeline and drafts of the manuscripts to be completed;
- detailed endorsement from the supervisor based on an assessment of the applicant’s RHD research work and the nature of the thesis material being written-up for publication;
- current CV;
- final report, endorsed by the supervisor
Deadline: In conclusion, applications for the Faculty of Science Postgraduate Writing-Up Award close on December 31, 2022.