RMIT University invites applications for the PhD Scholarship in Media and Communication in Australia for the 2022/23 academic year.
The goal of this PhD is conducting social research on the Australian 5G roll out. The PhD is associated with an ARC Discovery Project called ‘5G and the Future of Public Communications’.
In light of this, the successful candidate will work with and be supervised and mentored by Associate Professor Rowan Wilken and Dr. James Meese from the School of Media & Communication. They will also collaborate with Professor Catherine Middleton (Toronto Metropolitan University, Canada).
Worth of Award
The scholarship includes
- a stipend of $32,841 per annum pro rata (full-time study), with a possible extension of six months.
- an RTP International Tuition Fee Offset Scholarship (RIFOS) or an RMIT Research International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS). This is for international candidates.
- an RTP Fee Offset scholarship (which takes away the need to pay tuition fees for the maximum duration of their candidature). This is applicable to all local candidates, Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- a relocation allowance for the cost of relocating in order to take up their postgraduate research program. It is worth up to $515 per adult and $255 per child to a maximum of $1,540.
- paid sick, maternity and parenting leave (within the limits of the Scholarship Terms and Conditions).
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- satisfy RMIT University’s Doctor of Philosophy entry requirements.
- hold a first-class honours or 2A honours or equivalent or a Masters by research degree in Media and Communications or a related discipline.
How to Apply
- cover letter (outlining interest and alignment with the proposed research, and addressing the selection criteria)
- copy of electronic academic transcripts
- short CV (including the contact details of two referees).
The successful candidate will be supported to develop a formal PhD application to RMIT. Scholarship applications will only be successful if prospective candidates are provided with an offer for admission from RMIT University.
Deadline: Applications for the PhD Scholarship in Media and Communication will be concluded on June 30, 2022.