Princeton University Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts invites applications for the Princeton Society of Fellows Postdoctoral Fellowships in the USA for 2023-2026.
Three to five postdoctoral fellows are appointed each year for three-year terms in residence to pursue research and teach half-time in their academic host department, the Program in Humanistic Studies, or other university programs.
Worth of Award
- The fellowships carry with them an appointment as lecturer in a fellow’s academic host department.
- Fellows receive a competitive salary and benefits, a $5,000 research account, access to university grants, a shared office, a desktop computer and other resources.
- They are, therefore, expected to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society.
- holding the PhD at the time of application must have received the degree after January 1, 2021.
- not yet holding the PhD must have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation (at least half of it) at the time of application.
- may apply only once to the Princeton Society of Fellows.
- Successful candidates must fulfill all requirements for the PhD, including filing of the dissertation, by June 15, 2023.
- Applications are especially welcomed from underrepresented backgrounds.
However, candidates for/recipients of doctoral degrees in Education, Jurisprudence, and from Princeton University are not eligible.
How to Apply
You can access the application form for the Princeton Society of Fellows Postdoctoral Fellowships by simply clicking here.
Deadline: The application deadline is August 2, 2022, by 11:59 p.m. EDT.