Cambridge-Africa invites applications for the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund in 2022.
The purpose of the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund is to encourage research, training and engagement activities between Cambridge and sub- Saharan Africa. Applicants from Cambridge apply jointly with applicants from universities/institutes in sub- Saharan Africa and co-create the projects.
Worth of Award
The Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund competitively awards grants of between £1,000 and £20,000, for:
- research costs (such as reagents, fieldwork and equipment)
- research-related travel between Cambridge and Africa (bearing in mind feasibility of travel due to COVID restrictions)
- conducting research training activities in Africa (e.g. setting up courses/workshops).
How to Apply
Final submissions should include the following documents:
- Case for support and a lay summary
- An itemized budget (template provided)
- A letter of support from the department/faculty of the Cambridge PI. For the Department of Engineering, a letter of support from the Head of Division is needed.
- A letter of support from the department/institution of the African PI
- CVs (maximum 2 pages) for both the Cambridge and Africa PI
Deadline: The deadline to submit an application for collaborative research funding is Monday, September 5th, 2022.