Norton Writers Prize for outstanding Original Nonfiction by Undergraduates in New York in 2022.
Norton is a publishing company that caters to the needs of readers in search of enduring fiction, nonfiction, and poetry; students or instructors seeking outstanding course books and digital materials; enthusiasts eager for food and lifestyle inspiration, or professionals looking for authoritative new works.
Worth of Award
As a result, three cash prizes of $1,000 apiece will be awarded in 2022 for coursework submitted during the academic year, one in each of the following three categories:
Writing by a
- first-year student in a 2 or 4 year college or university
- student in a 2 year college or university
- student in a 4 year college or university
- The contest is open to students age 17 and above who are enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university during the 2021–2022 academic year.
- Employees of W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”), including its member companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in their households, are not eligible to enter or win.
- Similarly, the contest is not open to previous contest winners or runners-up.
How to Apply
Submissions must be between 1,000 and 3,000 words in length.
Literacy narratives, literary and other textual analyses, reports, profiles, evaluations, arguments, memoirs, proposals, multimodal pieces, and other forms of original nonfiction will be considered if written by a student age 17 or above in fulfillment of an undergraduate course requirement at an eligible institution.
Deadline: The deadline for submissions of the Norton Writers Prize is June 15, 2022, at 11:59:59 PM EDT.