The Press and Society Institute (IPYS) invites applications for the Javier Valdez Latin American Investigative Journalism Award in the USA in 2022.
The award is aimed at stimulating professional excellence in Investigative Journalism. This is because organizers want to encourage greater transparency from governments, businesses and the media.
Worth of Award
In view of that,
- Works published between September 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022, in print, radio, television or electronic media can participate while certifying their broadcast during that period.
- Research published without a signature, or under a pseudonym, will be admitted with a certification of authorship issued by the media.
- Associations, civil society organizations, academic institutions or the media can apply for one or more jobs for a journalist if they meet all the requirements of the bases.
It is important to note that Media or companies do not compete and books are not admitted for this award.
How to Apply
Note that applications sent physically to the postal address will not be accepted.
Along with the participating work, a digital photograph of the author and an Executive Summary of the research must be sent. These must develop the following information in no more than 2,000 words:
- Title, means of publication, name and brief resume of the author.
- Investigation disclosures, numbered.
- Methodological description of the research explaining its origins, hypotheses, types of search and sources, the resources used and the time the work took.
- Problem of the investigation. This will explain why a journalistic investigation was required to obtain the information. It will also include the social impact that the work had after being published
Deadline: Works for the Javier Valdez Latin American Investigative Journalism Award will be received electronically until June 30, 2022.