DAAD invites applications for the DAAD Leadership for Africa Masters Degree Scholarships in Germany for the 2022/23 academic year.
The scholarship programme “Leadership for Africa” (LfA) aims to support the academic qualification and advancement of young refugees and national scholars from Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Niger and Senegal at higher education institutions in Germany.
In times of conflicts and displacement in various African countries, this programme intends to contribute to the education of future leaders, who will be essential for the further development of their home countries.
Worth of Award
- Leadership for Africa” offers scholarships for Master studies in Germany to qualified applicants in all fields of study except for Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Law, Arts and Architecture.
- All “Leadership for Africa” scholarship holders benefit from a complementary training programme in good governance, civil society and career development.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree at the time of application which qualifies to study for a master at an officially recognized university in Germany
- A Bachelor’s degree of at least 2nd class upper division level is required
- As a rule, not more than 6 years should have passed since the completion of the last academic degree
- Good English or good German language skills
How to Apply
Required documents include:
- Online DAAD application form duly completed.
- Curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages) containing information about your academic career to date, former scholarships, current address and current or previous employers.
- Letter of Motivation (1-3 pages) containing a precise description of your academic/professional and personal reasons for the planned study project.
- DAAD Form “Study course profile” duly completed (please specify 3 Master’s programmes).
- Proof of necessary language skills for the desired master programmes.
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s) including transcripts of records for all study years with all individual grades including explanation of grading system.
- Copies of your passport/national identification card and copies of your passport’s/national identification card’s biodata page and other documents containing information about you and your current residence status.
- UNHCR registration or official proof of asylum by authorities for refugees.
Deadline: Applications for the DAAD Leadership for Africa Masters close on June 30th, 2022.