OceanHub Africa invites applications for the OceanHub Africa Acceleration Program for Innovative Ocean-Minded Start-Ups in South Africa in 2022.
The accelerator is on a mission to support ocean-minded start-ups with the express aim of nurturing an environmentally conscious and profitable economy that effectively mitigates the effects of global warming as well as the over exploitation and pollution of the oceans.
Worth of Award
- Up to $75k worth of cloud services thanks to our partner AWS Activate
- Free access to IoT prototyping thanks to its partner Macrocomm
- Over $40k worth of mechanical engineering design software licences and support for prototyping and virtual testing, thanks to its partner 3D Experience Lab
- Access to Dassault Systèmes, Amazon Web Services and international marketplaces and/or sales force for finished products of accelerated startups
- Advisory sessions with: Cullinan & Associates (international environmental law firm), Cape AI on machine learning and AI implementation, Macrocomm on data management and implementation of IoT, SWEN Blue Oceans Partners (ocean impact Venture Capitalist fund), Ocean 14 Capital (ocean impact Private Equity fund), WWF – South Africa, Dept of Oceanography University of Cape Town, EuroSIMA (oceantech experts) and more!
Mentorship & Support
- Participation to an in-person training boot camp in Cape Town
- Tailored business skills and personal development 1-to-1 coaching
- Sales, Product Development, Communication and Business Development Support
- Access to our network of scientific, business, impact and investment experts from international corporations, foundations, universities and IGOs
- networking events and conferences, including a stand and stage time at the Ocean Innovation Africa annual summit
- potential clients (market leads) for local and international expansion
- our international network of ocean-impact incubators/accelerators to scale overseas
- key external partners
- Potential funding of up to 10k USD from OceanHub Africa
- Support in preparing and running investor pitches, including training sessions with partner investors directly
- Support in structuring deals, including reviews by transactional and commercial lawyers
- Access to a large portfolio of impact investors part of our ecosystems (inc. SWEN Blue Oceans, Ocean 14 Capital, Finca Ventures, Conservation International Ventures, Builders Vision, AquaSpark, Athelia …) as well as corporate venture capitalist funds
To be eligible, you’re expected to
- be a for-profit and operate in Africa
- have a scalable service or product available on the market or soon to be available on the market
- be looking for investments or new markets
- Your start-up should be ocean-minded: it should have a direct or indirect positive impact on the oceans (addressing climate change, pollution or over exploitation of the ocean) and promotes ocean equity
- Your product or service should be clearly innovative and/or your business model disruptive
How to Apply
To start your application, simply click here.
Deadline: The application window for the OceanHub Africa Acceleration Program closes May 22.