Copenhagen Business School invites applications for the PhD Scholarship in the Value of Financial Advice for the 2021/22 academic year.
The Center for Corporate Governance (CCG) is a virtual forum for the advancement of knowledge in this area, connecting researchers from several departments and institutions inside as well as outside Copenhagen Business School. CCG is comprised of researchers in economics, accounting, finance, law, and management as well as business people, auditors and government officials. We organize research projects, workshops, conferences, doctoral education and seminars.
This position will be a part of a major research program “Nordic Finance and the Good Society”
Teaching responsibilities of the Department include undergraduate and graduate teaching in corporate governance, finance and accounting related topics.
Examples of research areas a scholarship might cover:
- The value of financial advice seen from a consumer perspective when dealing with investment decisions
- Financial literacy or the lack of it and the impact on investment behavior
Worth of Award
- The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement.
- The monthly salary is currently approximately DKK 27,871 depending on seniority and a pension contribution totalling 17.1%.
- The scholarship includes tuition fees, office space, course and travel costs (according to the current CBS agreement).
- Salary level and employment take place in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Academics’ Central Organization.
To be considered the applicant must
- have a basic education at master’s level (corresponding to the 3 + 2 Bologna process)
- have received the grade of 10 (or equivalent) for the master’s thesis according to the Danish 7-point grading scale
- have a weighted grade point average of at least 8.2 on the Danish 7-point grading scale for the bachelor’s and master’s degree combined or alternatively a weighted grade point average must be at least 9.5 for the master’s degree alone.
- have completed the master’s programme before starting the PhD programme at CBS
- master academic English at a high level in writing and speaking
How to Apply
The application is online and must include a five-page project description. The project description must include:
- a presentation of an original research question
- a description of the initial theoretical framework and method
- a presentation of the proposed empirical material
- a work plan for the three years
In addition to the project description, copies of the following must be included:
- diploma for bachelor’s and master’s degree or other certificates at an equivalent level as well as the grade transcripts
- a concise curriculum vitae (CV)
- a list of articles and publications (if applicable)
- one example of a selected written work (e.g. master’s thesis)
- Documentation of English language skills
Deadline: June 30, 2022.