AstraZeneca Youth Health Program invites applications for the Step Up Young Health Global Grants Programme in 2022.
Step Up provides grants to help small, innovative, youth-focused non-profits develop and deliver effective health promotion programmes. This is with an emphasis on under-resourced and marginalized communities in low- and middle-income countries.
This year, the YHP Step Up Grants Programme is searching for projects that:
- Strengthen health systems;
- Improve equitable access;
- Develop the next generation of health leaders;
- and prevent non-communicable diseases (NCDs) among young people.
To further its commitment to gender equity, in 2022 it will award 50% of grants to projects which are women-led. That is, either one person, or a group of people with the majority being female/identifying as female, with a preference for young women leaders (18-35 years old).
Worth of Award
- Grants of up to USD $10,000 will be awarded to support the delivery of approximately 20 projects.
- In addition to the funding, Step Up! grantees will be invited to join AstraZeneca’s Young Health Programme (YHP) Alumni Group.
- This offers learning and development opportunities, as well as networking between Step Up grantees and young leaders who have received YHP Scholarships.
The fund is open to organizations that
- are non-profit or charitable with a strong experience of working with young people to increase awareness of NCD risk factors and NCD prevention strategies.
- have been registered and operational for at least 3 whole years. They must also have had a total reported income of more than USD $50,000 and less than USD $1,000,000 in the last financial year.
- are ‘funding-ready’ and able to provide appropriate documentation (in English) to verify their organization’s charitable status, governance and financial situation.
In light of this,
- it will support organizations from under-resourced communities worldwide. These are likely to be in low-income or lower-middle income countries or settings.
- organizations that have been funded previously by AstraZeneca are welcome to apply, but not for the same project that was previously supported.
How to Apply
To start your application for the Step Up Young Health Global Grants, simply click here.
Deadline: Finally, it is important to note that the application period will close on June 9, 2022.