Khazar University invites applications for its Merit Scholarship for distinguished International Students in Azerbaijan for the 2023/24 academic session.
For 2023-2024, the Nailekhanim Foundation (Azerbaijan) offers a high-profile competition-based full scholarship for a gifted female student, regardless of national background and citizenship, who 1) is determined to pursue her studies towards a post-graduate academic degree (either Master or Doctoral) at and 2) submitted her general application to Khazar University (Baku, Azerbaijan) by no later than 15 June 2023.
The Nailakhanim Foundation is a non-for-profit organisation that was established in memory of Nailekhanim Isayeva, co-founder of Dünya School and Khazar University. Nailekhanim was a renowned educator whose vision and energy shaped the development of both institutions. The Foundation is set up to commemorate her passion and commitment to education.
The aim of Khazar University scholarships is to encourage and support candidates with excellent academic performance. For this reason, it welcomes students from all over the world to study. This is because Khazar University happens to be a leading private university in Azerbaijan that offers quality education in the English language.
Worth of Award
- These scholarships cover 75%, 50%, or 25% of the tuition fee on a competitive basis.
- Initially awarded for one year, the scholarship is subject to prolongation for the next academic year depending on the academic performance of the student.
Eligible candidates include candidates
- with excellent academic performance
- from all over the world
How to Apply
The applicant does not need to apply for a scholarship – if eligible, Khazar University will notify the applicant in the Offer of Admission. However, you will need to apply for your program of choice so click here for details.
- Write a strong motivational essay* on the following topic: “Describe a situation or situations where you demonstrated or witnessed female leadership and how it made a positive difference”
- Possess the appropriate level of fluency in the English language to be able to conduct academic research
- Demonstrate a proof of high-level academic merit, with a minimum A-, 90-92, or 3.7 (out of 4) of grade point average (GPA), or equivalent, depending on the grading scheme of the applicant’s previous university
* Essay is understood here as a short, analytic, interpretative, or critical literary composition dealing with its subject from a limited and often personal point of view (based on Britannica’s definition).
Deadline: The early bird deadline for the Merit Scholarship at Khazar University is June 15, 2023 while the final deadline is June 15, 2022, 18:00 (6:00 PM) Baku time.