The University of Business and Integrated Development Studies (UBIDS) invites applications for the Master of Philosophy in Development Management at UBIDS in Ghana for the 2022/23 academic year.
The general aim of the Programme is to
- train versatile development managers grounded in theory and practice,
- equipped with appropriate tools and skills with the right attitude to building prosperous and sustainable societies,
- and guide development planning and implementation management at all levels for the achievement of societal aspirations.
The programme is also dedicated to the training of holistic development agents. These agents will be equipped with the requisite impetus to facilitate development and change management at all levels of governance.
Worth of Award
The Programme is designed to
- equip students with the analytical, methodological and practical expertise needed to make a positive contribution to development planning and management in Ghana and beyond.
- help students to acquire a range of skills and techniques for the formulation of appropriate responses to a diverse range of problems. This includes those relating to productive capacity, inter-sectoral integration, economic and social diversification. It will also equip them to acquire skills on self-sufficiency and how to design evidence-based strategic solutions.
- produce development and humanitarian practitioners with enhanced ability and skills. These are practitioners who will engage the development and change processes and challenges through innovative and critical approaches.
- produce a corps of research-based academic professionals that would meet the demands of institutions of higher education.
It is envisaged that upon successful completion of the programme, students will have a good knowledge of development related issues. They will also have the ability to apply their knowledge to policy analysis and practical problem-solving in whatever capacity they are engaged in. Of course, this comes by critically examining the theory and practice of development management and governance at the international, national and district levels in a variety of contexts
- Applicants who wish to apply for the DAAD scholarship, must possess a First Degree. This comes with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning. Note that your First Degree certificate should NOT be more than Six (6) years at the time of application.
- At the time of application, all applicants must have completed their National Service and possessed relevant work experiences before they are admitted into the Programme.
- Applicants for the DAAD Scholarship must include a cover letter, explaining their motivation for applying for the Scholarship.
- Submit an official Transcript of academic records and a copy of previous degree certificate.
- The applicant must include a short research proposal in his/her area research interest.
- Applicants for the DAAD scholarship must include a copy of their application form as part of the scholarship application package.
- All applicants must pass a selection interview to be conducted by the University.
How to Apply
All applicants for the 2022/2023 Academic Year admissions are required to use the UBIDS Online Admissions Portal.
The online application procedure is as follows:
- Make a payment of GH¢ 120.00 for the UBIDS EVoucher for undergraduate programmes or GH¢180.00 for Postgraduate programmes at any Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB). You can also make the payment to the Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Stanbic Bank and NIB Bank branches throughout the country. You also have the option of paying through mobile money service by dialing *887*18# To All Networks.
Visit UBIDS online Admissions Portal with a MasterCard or Visa to make an online payment of GH¢120.00 for undergraduate programmes or GH¢180.00 for Postgraduate Programmes.
The application documents as specified above should be addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic & Student Affairs)
SD Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies
P.O Box WA 64
Wa, UW/R, Ghana
In a similar vein, Foreign applicants should post three copies of the application documents by express mail to the aforementioned address.
Deadline: The application deadline for the Master of Philosophy in Development Management in 2022 is May 30.