Bennett Jones LLP invites applications for the Bennett Jones Future Leaders in Law Scholarship Program in Canada for the 2022/23 academic session.
What sets Bennett Jones LLP apart from our competitors is our ability to deliver an outstanding client experience, its deep knowledge of its clients’ businesses and industries, its history of building long client relationships, and its roster of highly skilled lawyers.
It stands by its clients and see things from their perspective—across sectors, industries and borders.
Worth of Award
- Each of the three recipients will receive $10,000 for use towards their first-year tuition of a recognized J.D. or LL.B. program at a Canadian law school (the “First-Year Award”).
- Each recipient is also eligible to receive an additional $10,000 per year for use towards their second and third-year tuition of that same or other recognized J.D./L.L.B. program at an accredited Canadian law school (the “Upper-Year Awards”) provided the recipient continues to meet the eligibility criteria below.
To be awarded a First-Year Award, the successful applicant must:
- be entering their first year of full-time study at a J.D./L.L.B. program at an accredited Canadian law school;
- be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident;
- identify as a member of at least one of the following:
- Canadian First Nations, Métis or Inuit;
- African Canadian, African, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Latino or other Black group; or
- First generation to complete or be in the process of completing post-secondary education (i.e., the student’s parents or guardians did not complete post-secondary education). “Post-secondary education” means college, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma; university certificate or diploma below bachelor level; or a university degree (bachelor’s degree; university certificate or diploma above bachelor level; degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry; master’s degree; earned doctorate); and
- demonstrate an interest in pursuing a future career in business law
How to Apply
- Applicants for a First-Year Award must provide :
- A cover letter describing: (1) the applicant’s educational goals and career plan and how the financial assistance provided by a Bennett Jones LLP Future Leaders in Law Scholarship will help them achieve these goals; and (2) how or why the applicant, through their academic, work, extra-curricular and/or community involvement, is a strong candidate for the scholarship;
- Official transcripts from all university-level undergraduate and graduate programs, whether in Canada or abroad;
- At least one, but no more than two, reference letter(s) in support of the applicant’s academic, work, extra-curricular or community involvement, as may be referred to by the applicant in their single-page cover letter. The reference should not be from a family member or related person;
All application materials should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline: June 30 by 11:59 p.m. EDT.