Shim Law Firm invites applications for its Shim Law Scholarship in Family Law for the next generation of Leaders in Canada for the 2022/23 academic year.
Shim Law is a full service law firm located in Calgary, AB. It is always looking for ways to support its next generation of leaders and this year, it wants to focus on family law. In light of this, it has 2 topics centered around this practice which include:
#1 What kind of social media evidence do the courts tend to view or consider more or less in family law matters?
#2 What is required in a cohabitation or prenuptial agreement to make it valid in the eyes of the court? What are the benefits of setting up such an agreement prior to marriage or common law relationship?
For both topics, kindly create an infographic with credible data to support your claims. Equally include case law analyses as well as relevant sources of any data you may use on your submission.
Worth of Award
- The award value for this scholarship is $1,000.
- Furthermore, the winner of the scholarship will be posted on the official web page after the deadline.
- This scholarship is open to any student enrolled in a Canadian/American University or College attending any post-secondary program in any year of study.
- It is important to note that the winners will be based on how creative and informative they respond to the topics.
How to Apply
Please submit your applications to [email protected] and include:
- Name, Phone Number and Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment at a Canadian/American University
- Your creative and informative piece as an attachment to the email
- Have your subject line as “Shim Law Scholarship 2022”
Please show proof of enrollment when submitting your scholarship application
Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2022 at 12:00 am.