The University of Basel invites applications for the Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program in Switzerland for the 2023/24 academic session.
The Biozentrum encourages talented, ambitious and highly motivated young scientists from all over the world to apply for the prestigious and sought-after fellowships offered by the Biozentrum Basel International PhD Program.
The Biozentrum PhD Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis to a maximum of 10 successful candidates per year. Recipients are offered a unique rotation-based selection of a research group of choice and a number of other incentives that foster the scientific excellence and the career prospects of these PhD candidates.
This is because, in contrast to many other PhD student programs that aim at broad recruitment of many candidates, the Biozentrum PhD Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Interestingly, this goes to a maximum of 10 successful candidates per year.
Worth of Award
Some of the benefits of the program include
- Recipients are offered a unique rotation-based selection of a research group of choice
- A number of other incentives foster the scientific excellence and the career prospects of these PhD candidates.
As a mark of eligibility,
- It would help if you held or soon expect a university degree that qualifies you for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc and equivalent).
- In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a 4-year bachelor’s degree, typically from outside the Bologna system, are also eligible to apply.
- These will be able to complete a Master’s program on a fast track at the University of Basel as part of their fellowship.
Furthermore, in order to be eligible to receive the fellowship,
- candidates can neither be enrolled as a PhD student at the University nor
- have signed a PhD working contract at the University at the decision date of the respective fellowship call.
How to Apply
It is important to note that your application must include:
- Your application must include:
- electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts as pdf files
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page, pdf format)
- names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members). The referees will be contacted automatically and asked for a reference letter.
You will get further information about the application procedure as soon as you have submitted your application.
Deadline: In conclusion, applications for the Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program are open until May 25, 2023.