The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council invites applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowships Program at NSERC in Canada for the 2022/23 academic session.
The Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) program provides support to a core of the most promising researchers at a pivotal time in their careers. The fellowships are also intended to secure a supply of highly qualified Canadians. These are Canadians with leading-edge scientific and research skills for the Canadian industry, government and academic institutions.
Worth of Award
The fellowships program is worth $45,000 per year for two years.
To be considered eligible for support, as of the deadline date of the year in which you apply, you must
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. Or a protected person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada), as of the application deadline
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports
In addition, you
- can submit a maximum of one scholarship (Master’s or Doctoral) or fellowship application per academic year to either NSERC, CIHR or SSHRC
- must not have already received a postdoctoral award (including a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from NSERC, CIHR or SSHRC
- must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degree no more than two years before September 1 of the year in which you apply
How to Apply
Click here to start your registration.
Deadline: October 17 before 8:00 p.m. (ET) is the last day for submission of applications for the Postdoctoral Fellowships Program at NSERC.