Africa Centre of Excellence for Water Management invites applications for the MSc Program in Water Management for African Students outside Ethiopia for the 2022/23 academic year.
The program is a full-time study and teaching takes place through lectures, seminars, and field-based studies. In addition, teaching may be conducted through video conferences and technology-enhanced learning approaches. And the language of instruction through out the study is English.
Worth of Award
The scholarship provides a monthly stipend of 500 USD which includes accommodation (Equivalent amount paid in ETB).
- All applicants’ undergraduate Cumulative GPA must not be less than 2.75 for males and not less than 2.50 for females on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants who have completed their degree/diploma from foreign universities (other than Ethiopia) are required to obtain their degree/diploma equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA)before admission. (Note that Academic documents authentication by the relevant office is mandatory during admission.
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the English language and provide proof of proficiency.
- The age limit at the time of application for M.Sc. applicants is 30 years or less.
- Applicants are required to take and pass the Graduate Admission Test (GAT) (http://www.aau.edu.et/blog/announcement-_-graduate-admission-test-gat/)
- Applicants also need to meet the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University(www.aau.edu.et)
How to Apply
Application documents should include a
- cover page containing applicant’s full name as it appears on applicant’s ID/Passport, full contact details including residential and postal address, email and telephone number(s),
- copy of ID/Passport,
- personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate’s interest to join the program not exceeding 500 words.
They should also include
- Detailed curriculum vitae not exceeding 4 pages,
- Authenticated copies of previous degrees and official transcripts from previous university/college,
- Certificate of professional experience if there is any,
- Three letters of recommendation from instructors/supervisors from previous educational institutions, organizations, and
- Certificate of professional experience if there is any.
- Applicants should be willing to undertake their full-time research in Ethiopia.
- Employed applicants must provide a letter of full commitment from their employers that they will be granted study leave.
Deadline: Applications for the MSc Program in Water Management closes on June 10, 2022.