Cavendish University invites applications for the General Gabriel Jok Riak Scholarship in Uganda for the 2023/24 academic session.
The General Gabriel Jok Riak Scholarship was established in 2018 to honour General Gabriel Jok Riak, an eminent alumnus of Cavendish University Uganda who was appointed the Chief of Defence Forces of the South Sudan Defence Forces (SSDF) a day after his graduation at CUU.
Worth of Award
It covers 100% tuition and functional fees.
The scholarship is both a need- based and merit- based financial aid option awarded on the basis of any one or combination of criteria including financial need, academic excellence, and demonstrated leadership qualities.
Eligible candidates for this scholarship must meet the following admission requirements:
- A letter of nomination from General Gabrel Jok Riak
- Intent to attend classes in person at the University. The Distance Learning mode is not eligible for this scholarship.
- Have at least 3 Principal Passes at A-level or its equivalent obtained at one sitting not more than five years before the date of the application
- Have at least 6 Passes at O’ Level or its equivalent
- Demonstrate that they have the required English proficiency optimal for undertaking University education.
How to Apply
Nominated applicants shall submit their application by formal letter sent by email to [email protected] with the required documents attached.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing.