The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) — comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi, Pakistan — and TWAS invite applications for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship for Young Scientists in Pakistan in 2022.
In order to qualify for these fellowships, applicants must be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option). In view of this, the Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided with ICCBS. And the language of instruction is English.
Worth of Award
- As a matter of fact, ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness.
- However, it is important to note that the monthly stipend will not be converted into foreign currency.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
In a similar vein, they must meet the following criteria:
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample);
- provide an official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]). In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with a copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
Yet again, they must
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country upon completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How to Apply
By way of application, applicants must submit
- An Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest.
- Reference letters on SIGNED letter-headed papers.
Deadline: In conclusion, the deadline for receipt of applications for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship is July 4, 2022.