The National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) in Lahore, Pakistan and TWAS offer fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in molecular biology and molecular genetics.
- TWAS-CEMB Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at departments of the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) for a period of up to 4 years for studies leading to a PhD degree in: molecular biology, molecular genetics, plant molecular biology or medical molecular biology.
- Applicants may be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option), or may enrol in a PhD course at CEMB (FULL-TIME option). In both cases, TWAS covers only one return journey to the host country.
- CEMB will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- If awarded, applicants must sit a compulsory entrance examination in either April or September prior to starting their Fellowship.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from CEMB (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be sent to the Acting Director of CEMB (Prof. Tayyab Husnain: by e-mail [email protected] and [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Tayyab Husnain, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
How to Apply
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from CEMB when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and CEMB. The subject line must contain: CEMB/PG/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CEMB Postgraduate Fellowship Programme should send one copy of their application (by email) to TWAS and one copy (hard copy only) to CEMB.
Deadline: The deadline for receipt of applications is August 31 each year
Click here for official announcement