Chulalongkorn University invites applications for the Graduate Scholarship Programme for ASEAN/Non-ASEAN Countries in Thailand for the 2022/23 academic session.
Chulalongkorn University has taken a leading role in implementing interactive collaboration
with the international community. In order to further develop academic cooperation between Thailand and foreign countries, the University has established the “Graduate Scholarship Programme for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries.” This is with the aim of providing financial assistance to international students who wish to pursue their higher graduate studies at the University.
Worth of Award
As a matter of fact, the scholarships will cover the following:
- An economy class, round-trip ticket, as actually paid. It should also be noted that for students from ASEAN, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 8,500 Baht.
- Tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend and accommodation in the amount of 16,000 Baht.
Similarly, for students from
- Asian countries, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 12,000 Baht.
- Europe, Australia and New Zealand as well as Africa, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 20,000 Baht.
- North and South America, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 30,000 Baht.
To be eligible for this scholarship,
- Applicants must be international graduate students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries. Faculty members, researchers and academic staff, who will return to teach/work at their home universities after graduation from Chulalongkorn University, are preferred.
It should be noted that students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries, who have
been studying in any programme at Chulalongkorn University for more than one semester, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Furthermore, applicants must
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in a field related to the field for which they are applying. A degree certificate and an official academic transcript must be submitted with their application.
- have obtained a grade point average of not lower than 2.75 for their undergraduate studies and not lower than 3.25 for their graduate studies.
- not be over 40 years of age (as of June 9, 1982)
- have a good command of English. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 or 173 Computer-based or IELTS score of 5.0 is required.
- be in good health
How to Apply
In the same vein, your application should include
- completed application form with a 1-inch photograph attached,
- curriculum vitae,
- academic transcript issued by the last academic institution that the applicant attended, certificate of graduation, if available,
- photocopy of the applicant’s passport,
- medical certificate confirming a physical examination in a hospital in the applicant’s
That’s not all, equally provide two letters of recommendation from the Head, the Director or the Dean of the institution of the applicant’s affiliation or from the applicant’s superiors.
Deadline: The deadline to accept to application is June 10, 2022.