The Royal Museum for Central Africa invites applications for the AfricaMuseum Journalists in Residence Programme for Professionals in Burundi and the Burundian Diaspora in 2022.
The aim for the programme is to strengthen the exchange and dissemination of information, knowledge and scientific research results in the service of sustainable development. Also, the purpose of the journalist residency is to compare views, opinions, testimonies and analyses on issues of colonial history and memory, of representations and of the status of African cultural heritage in Europe and Africa.
Objectives of the residency
- The production and dissemination in the African media of the results of scientific research and museum activities carried out by the AfricaMuseum
- A look and analysis in an African context
- Facilitated access to collections and archives
- The expansion of professional networks.
Worth of Award
The residency offers
- 4 weeks in October 2022 (subject to change)
- Coverage of transportation/travel costs
- Coverage of accommodation costs
- Payment of allowances and per diem
- The residency will be the subject of an agreement.
- Production and dissemination of journalistic content related to AfricaMuseum
- Redaction of a report at the end of the residence
- The call for applications is open to professionals in Burundi and the Burundian diaspora
How to Apply
When applying, ensure you send applications to [email protected]
Deadline: You can submit applications for the AfricaMuseum Journalists in Residence Programme until May 15th, 2022.