Excellent Minds Initiative invites applications for the Excellent Minds Essay Competition for Undergraduate Students in West Africa in 2022.
The competition is aimed at promoting critical thinking, harnessing ideas, and developing the talents, abilities, gifts, and skills inherent in the African youth. Over the years, the Competition has been conducted across Nigerian Universities. Without a doubt, since its official launch, it has inspired innovative and high-impact student projects and ideas aimed at solving Nigeria’s most pressing problems.
However, this year and onwards, the competition is expanding to tertiary institutions across West Africa. This, of course, is with a focus on developmental issues associated with the region. The competition theme for this year’s edition is Partnership for Sustainable Development in West Africa.
Worth of Award
- The first prize is an Apple ipad and a Plaque
- In second place is Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and a Plaque
- While the third prize is Kindle 6″ Wifi eBook Reader [10th gen] and a Plaque
- Furthermore, the top 5 essays will also be published on the official website for unrestricted access by the online community.
Notably, the competition is open to students in all disciplines across tertiary institutions in West Africa.
How to Apply
Student applications should, therefore, adhere to the following instructions:
- In not more than 1000 words, identify and describe some of the major challenges facing West Africa, and propose collaborative solutions for West African countries. These solutions should not negatively affect their commitments to other African nations.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, 1.5-line spacing, and include page numbers.
- Note that the word count does not include your cover page and references plus, all entries must be in English
Simply click here to access the application form.
Deadline: Applications for the Excellent Minds Essay Competition close May 5th, 2022 at 11:59 pm WAT.