The African Fashion Foundation invites applications for the Roberta Annan Scholarship for the best emerging Young Fashion Talent from Sub-Saharan Africa for the 2022/23 academic session.
This Scholarship has been created to support the best emerging young fashion communication, business, and media talent from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Worth of Award
- It provides full fee remission for the Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme.
- This also applies to the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Industry Practice degree programme.
To be considered eligible,
Students must be aged at least 18 years old on 1st September at the start of the academic year in which they intend to join this course.
As a standard entry requirement, applicants should have GCSE English and Maths at Grade C (4) or above, or the equivalent international qualifications. This in most cases would be one of the following:
● Senior School Certificate Examination,
● National Senior Certificate,
● National Diploma with higher credits,
● Higher National Diploma with credits
It is important to note that the College is looking for students who will actively contribute to the course. They must also take an original approach to their work and must have a keen interest in pursuing a career in Fashion Communications.
How to Apply
Applicants for the scholarship will need to submit the following:
- A valid passport
- Academic Transcripts/Certificates
- A Personal Statement which includes their personal details, education history, and any relevant work experience. They will be asked to write a 500-word personal statement describing their academic interests. They will equally give reasons for applying to the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design, which should include a link to the pre-recorded interview video.
Furthermore, applicants will need to submit
- Pre-Recorded Interview Video of around (but no longer than) 10 minutes using a mobile phone, webcam, tablet, or other appropriate devices. Herein, applicants will need to answer the following questions;
- do you know about Condé Nast College? (2 minutes)
- has motivated you to apply for this course (thinking particularly about future studies and your career journey)? (2 minutes)
- creatives and/or brands in the fashion industry do you most admire and why? (3 minutes)
- are the most important issues or trends affecting the fashion industry right now in your opinion? (3 minutes)
- UKVI-Approved English Test: Those who progress to the final stages will need to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for UKVI. This is in order to apply for a Student Visa to study in the UK, and achieve an overall CEFR level B1 or above.
Deadline: Applications for the Roberta Annan Scholarship close on May 16th, 2022.