The Australian National University invites applications for the University Research Scholarships in the 2023/2024 academic session.
Each year the Australian National University offers the University Research Scholarship to support high-achieving HDR students who are conducting research which aligns with the strategic directions of the University.
Worth of Award
In addition to the fortnightly stipend, the scholarship also provides:
- Travel and Removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program;
- Thesis allowance;
- Dependant Child allowance (International students only);
- Paid medical, maternity and parental leave
The award will be available each year to a prospective or continuing student who:
- is a domestic student or an international student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at the University
- has achieved a minimum of H1 or H1 equivalent in their prior studies
Selection of this award requires each of the ANU Colleges to convene a selection committee to score and rank ALL eligible H1 (or equivalent) applicants in a merit-based process. Overall ranking includes consideration of:
- Academic Record
- Research Potential, support from the prospective supervisor and location in which the research will be undertaken
- Referee reports
- English Language competency
- Comparison with other applications received in the same scholarship round
How to Apply
- No application is required specifically for this scholarship as all eligible candidates will be considered based on their application for admission.
- When you complete your admission application for an HDR program you can select which scholarship/s you are interested to be considered for including the University Research Scholarship (URS).
- There is no separate application form except for current candidates (who have typically completed less than 1-year full-time equivalent), through the ‘Request for a current ANU student to be considered for an HDR scholarship’ form.
Deadline: Application for International Students closes August 15, 2023.