The University of Edinburgh invites applications for the AI Accelerator Programme in the UK in 2022.
The AI Accelerator is delivered by the University of Edinburgh’s world-leading innovation hub for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, the Bayes Centre. This is part of the Bayes Centre DDE Innovation and Edinburgh Innovations, the University’s commercialization service.
It gives data-driven scale ups the opportunity to harness the power of AI and bring about transformative change. From AgriTech to FinTech, AI technology can bring efficiencies, create new propositions and disrupt markets. It can also help save lives and the planet.
Worth of Award
The successful companies will benefit from a tailored programme for AI scale ups including:
- Workshops and dedicated mentors to support you in developing a wide range of business skills from sales and marketing to financial planning.
- Opportunities to connect with the University of Edinburgh’s world leading academic expertise and student talent.
- A stipend of between £5,000 and £10,000 per company with the chance to win additional funding (exact amount TBC).
- Connections to investors as well as local and global networks.
In a similar vein, they will benefit from
- Support from a dedicated programme team, partners and supporters and your peers.
- The opportunity to be a part of the Bayes Centre, the University of Edinburgh’s innovation hub for data science and AI. This includes access to the centre’s incredible facilities, office space for six months and its inspirational and collaborative data driven community
- Links with Edinburgh’s Data-Driven Innovation hubs. This includes the National Robotarium, the Usher Institute for population data science, Edinburgh Futures Institute, Easter Bush and Edinburgh International Data Facility.
AI-focused entrepreneurs and businesses scaling up from across the UK and the world can apply to take part in this 6-month Accelerator. By so doing, they will benefit from the expertise and talent on offer in Edinburgh.
You do not need to be linked to the university or based in the UK, but you will of course have an interest in engaging with the AI and data ecosystem in Scotland.
The next AI Accelerator programme will be focused around 3 key themes:
- climate change
- global health
How to Apply
Click here to access the Form Template to start your application.
Deadline: Applications for the next AI Accelerator Programme at University of Edinburgh are open now until May 26th, 2022.