University College London invites applications for the UCL Global Masters Scholarship for International Students in the UK for the 2023/24 academic year.
The Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master’s degree studies at UCL.
Worth of Award
- There are up to 72 (seventy-two) scholarships available in 2023/24 with two aimed specifically at students from India.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2 years in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies. This should be done before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees. Any remainder is payable to the recipient in three equal installments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2023/24.
Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 5 pm BST, on Thursday, April 27, 2023.