Newcastle Law School is offering up to five 2014-2015 scholarships available to international students and up to two scholarships available to home/ EU students intending to pursue studies at Newcastle University in one of the following programmes:
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM Environmental Regulation and Sustainable Development
- LLM International Legal Studies
The scholarships range from £2,500 to £3,000 each and they are payable towards tuition fees.
The Sir Mark Waller Postgraduate Law Scholarships are awarded exclusively on academic merit in recognition of academic excellence. This includes:
- recent graduates
- undergraduates completing their course before September 2013
- those currently completing professional legal qualifications
- non-Law graduates in a discipline related to the programme
- International and home / EU students
- Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence in results achieved up until and including the closing date (see below) which is commensurate with an upper-second-class Honours degree award or equivalent.
- Applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken any programme of study in which English is the medium of instruction will be required to show adequate language proficiency for postgraduate study in Law. Our requirement is IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.5 in writing.
How to Apply
- All applications must be made online
- All applications will be automatically considered for a scholarship and no separate scholarship application is necessary.
Deadline: There is no deadline or closing date for the scholarships. However, interested applicants are strongly advised to apply early.
For further information, contact Hannah Lynch via email: [email protected]