Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) in partnership with UNICEF invites applications for the Isu Elihle Awards for African Journalists in South Africa in 2023.
The awards seek to contribute to a change in attitudes and behaviors of opinion and decision-makers and citizens across the country and continent. This is from the premise that the media frames debates in society and carries enormous influence and, therefore, ability to drive positive change.
The Awards aim to encourage journalists to highlight issues that are faced by children in the continent. They also seek to give children a voice and highlight their status in our continent.
Worth of Award
- Overall winner of the award receives R25, 000
- First runner receives R15 000
- Second runner receives R10 000
- Mandy Rossouw Category receives between R10 000 and R25 000
Eligible candidates include
- Journalists within the African continent who highlight issues that are faced by children in the continent.
- Professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa.
- Note that each applicant is strictly limited to a maximum of one entry; however, each media house can have as many applicants as it wishes.
How to Apply
Click here to access the application form.
Journalists are encouraged to submit their story ideas and these can be targeted at any mainstream news medium such as TV, Radio or Online.
Deadline: Applications for the Isu Elihle Awards close on May 13th, 2023, 00:00 (CAT).