The Association of Commonwealth Universities invites applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) for Developing Countries in the UK for the 2022/23 academic session.
For years QECS has been offering students a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture. This way, they can broaden their horizons, and build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Worth of Award
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- It would interest you to know that there is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- However, you must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
How to Apply
For an application to be considered for selection, applicants must ensure that:
- Their personal statement is written clearly so that a non-specialist can understand what the aims of the research are and how they will be implemented.
- They clearly outline why they are applying to the courses and institutions listed on their application form. You must tailor these answers to each institution. By implication if you write the same answer for each course/institution or copy and paste text from university websites, then your application will not be considered.
- Two referees are identified and references are provided. These references should be detailed and include the content outlined on the application form
- Include full details about marks/grades gained for particular degrees. Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure that full supporting documentation is provided at the time of application, in the form of an official transcript.
Deadline: The closing date for applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships QECS is May 24 at 16:00 UTC.