Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking for a senior research scientist to strengthen its research activities in development and performance of high temperature materials. The position includes both fundamental and applied research as well as innovation in collaboration with research teams, including academic and industrial partners.
The senior research scientist will be engaged in current research activities in:
• Materials performance at high temperatures (mainly creep and corrosion) e.g. in energy conversion and process industry
• Characterization of microstructure evolution at high temperatures with advanced (electron) microscopic methods
• Computational methods for prediction of microstructure evolution at high temperatures
• Materials design and selection for high temperature applications including surface engineering.
The senior research scientist will focus on the initiation and continuation of the section’s leading research activities and has the obligation to disseminate novel research results in the scientific literature and patents.
The senior research scientist will also be involved in supervision of students, PhD’s and Postdocs and will to a limited extent contribute to teaching activities in materials science and engineering.
Worth of Award
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, public-sector consultancy and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare.
The institution strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc.
• Documented experience in at least two of the abovementioned research activities
• Experience with intensive industrial collaboration.
• Experience with university teaching and should preferably have academic teachin All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
• The potential to attract external funding for basic and applied research projects.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
• scientific production and research potential at international level
• innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
• the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
• experience in teaching and education
• the ability to promote and utilize research results
• an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
• the ability to contribute to development of the department’s internal and external cooperation
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online
The file must include:
• Application (cover letter)
• Diploma (MSc/PhD)
• List of publications indicating scientific highlights
• Documentation for participation in teacher training courses
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline: Application closes on April 23, 2014.
Click here for details and to apply online: