Applications are being invited for the 2014-2015 Denmark Technical University PhD fellowship in organic and medicinal chemistry at the Department of Chemistry.
The project is anchored with the DTU Center for Nanomedicine and Theranostics and the purpose of the project is to prepare and study prodrugs. The position will be available from May 1st, 2014 and will be supervised by Professor Mads H. Clausen. The fellowship is funded by DTU Chemistry.
• A master’s degree in engineering or chemistry with a strong theoretical and experimental background in organic chemistry
• A strong commitment to research
• Independence and good communication skills
• Applicants should have a thorough interest in organic synthesis.
• The position offers an opportunity to work with an international, dynamic and multi-disciplinary project. The studies will be carried out within the Division of Organic Chemistry, DTU Chemistry, which hosts a total of 7 faculty members and approximately 50 PhD students and postdocs.
• All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
• A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
• Curriculum vitae
• Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
• Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)
Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree, but cannot begin before having received it.