Denmark Technical University, invites interested and highly skilled candidates to apply for a number of vacant PhD positions.
The subject of the PhD project must be within one of the main research areas of the department:
- • Atomic scale materials design
- • Biophysics and complex systems
- • Experimental surface and nanomaterials physics
- • Quantum physics and information technology
- • Catalysis for sustainable energy
- • Fusion and Plasma Physics
- • Neutrons and X-rays for materials Physics
The Department of Physics is focusing on physics areas of fundamental interests and with clear application and innovation potentials. It is our ambition to perform research and to offer education at a high international level, thereby contributing to the DTU strategy about being a leading technical university.
DTU Physics has the main responsibility for the Physics and Nanotechnology educations and for the Introductory Physics course for the majority of DTU’s students. It is our goal to maintain the high professional level and the high influx of highly qualified candidates to our Physics and Nanotechnology educations, and to develop the Introductory course to ensure that the students obtain a useful and solid scientific foundation for their further studies at DTU.
Furthermore, the aim is to continue the development of exciting and challenging exercises in “Nanoteket” for the benefit of DTU students, upper secondary schools (gymnasium) and to undertaking outreach aimed at industry and other interested parties of society.
Candidates should have a master’s degree a master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, or Nanotechnology or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
How to apply
All applications must be made online.
The application must include.
- • A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- • Curriculum vitae
- • Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- • Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system
- • Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree, but cannot begin before having received it.
- • All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: application closes on April 22, 2014.
Click here for details and to apply online: