Plymouth University seeks international students to apply for the 2014/15 Plymouth International Technology Scholarship. It is awarded jointly by the Plymouth University International Office and the School of Computing and Mathematics. The scholarship seeks to recognise the academic excellence of international students and is available to those students who meet the criteria detailed below.
The School of Computing and Mathematics hosts all of the qualifying courses in Electrical Engineering; Robotics and Computing and it is home to several established research hubs in these subject areas. The lecturers draw on their cutting edge research to provide students with the most relevant knowledge and expertise to kick-start their careers.
Worth of Award: This Scholarship is worth £2,750 and is available to International Students only.
The Scholarships are currently available on the following five programmes:
- MSc Network Systems Engineering
- MSc Computer and Information Security
- MSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- MSc Robotics
- MSc Computer Science
The following general eligibility criteria apply:
- English Language – you must achieve an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each element or an equivalent English Language qualification as listed in the English language entry requirements
- You are an International Student and / or they have told you that you have been classed as an overseas student for fee purposes OR you are a student from the Channel Islands and have been classed for fee purposes as such.
- You are coming to the Plymouth University to join one of the three courses detailed above.
- You are a self-funded student and not in receipt of an official Government, company or any other scholarship.
- You have the required grades or marks from an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree, which is equivalent to a UK Honours degree. Please check the detailed list opposite for the required grades from the undergraduate course offered in your country.
- Your degree is in a relevant subject area such as ; Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Computing, Robotics or similar.
Country-specific academic criteria
Below are the equivalent grades required from undergraduate (bachelor) degrees taken outside the UK:
- Brunei: 2:1
- China: Prestigious Universities 75% others 80%
- Ghana: minimum 2:1 in relevant bachelor degree
- Hong Kong: B (good) 3.0
- India: Minimum 65% or above
- Indonesia: Strata 1 Sarjana B-3
- Japan: B (70-79%)
- Kuwait: GPA 3.33 or above (out of 4.0). Grading would equate to B+
- Malaysia: Polytechnics B (65% and above); Mara Institute B (3.0-3.99 good); Universities 2:1
- Nigeria: minimum 2:1 in relevant bachelor degree
- Oman: GPA 3.5 or above (out of 4) Pakistan: GPA 3.5 or above (out of 4). 64-75%
- Saudi Arabia: GPA 4.0 or above (out of 5)
- S. Korea: B+ (85-89%) GPA 3.5
- Sri Lanka: 70% and above
- Taiwan: B (70-79%) Average Thailand: B+ (very good) GPA 3.50
- Thailand: B+ (very good) GPA 3.50
- UAE: GPA 3.0 or above (out of 4.0)
- Vietnam: 7.0
How to Apply
- Applicants are to first apply for admission.
- Please note, you do not need to complete an application form for the scholarship – the award is made solely on the basis of your previous academic performance on your undergraduate course.
Deadline: Your fully completed University Application Form must be received no later than Thursday 31 July 2014.
Click here for more details and to apply online