Applications are currently open for Africa’s Business Heroes Competition for Local Entrepreneurs in 2023.
Africa’s Business Heroes directly supports talented and promising African entrepreneurs through its namesake Prize competition. Each year the Prize selects ten “business heroes” from across Africa that compete for their share of USD 1.5 million in grant funding.
During the competition, participants have also exclusive access to training, mentoring and learning programmes, as well as to a community of like-minded African business leaders.
ABH aims to identify, support, and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making an impact in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
Worth of Award
ABH is more than a competition and has been designed to provide applicants and finalists with numerous benefits:
- Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH grand finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
- All finalists also join an exclusive community of like-minded entrepreneurs, business professionals, investors and mentors. In addition, they get access to training and networking opportunities to further support them on their business journey.
- Grant funds of up to $300 000
- Their Top 10 finalists share a prize pool of $1.5 million in grants ranging from $100,000 to $300,000.
- The first prize takes home $300,000; The 2nd and 3rd prize winners take home $250,000 and $150,000 respectively.
- All other 7 finalists, take home $100,000. An additional $100,000 is allocated for training.
- Global recognition and exposureABH spotlights talented African entrepreneurs as finalists progress in the competition via press releases, social media, and news articles at every stage of the competition. We also provide significant exposure opportunities to the Top 10 finalists via the Africa’s Business Heroes Show, which is distributed across 40+ African countries.
- Access to an exclusive & vibrant entrepreneurship community and network
- Mentorship from business icons
- Targeted and practical training programs
- Insights into your business
To apply for our competition, you should meet the following criteria:
- The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that have a 3-year track record.
- Applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- The applicant has African citizenship or is the child or grandchild of an African citizen.
- The Company is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- The company is in the post-idea stage and has at least 3 years of revenue.
How to Apply
To register for this game-changing opportunity, simply click here.
Deadline: Applications close and Round 1 judging begins in June.