The University of Manchester invites applications for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards in the UK for the 2023/24 academic session.
The University of Manchester conducts a wide range of high-quality research that is rivalled by a few other universities. Much of this research combines expertise from across disciplines, making the most of the opportunities that its size and breadth of expertise afford.
These areas of investigation feature a unique concentration of high-quality research activity which allows it to bring the best minds together to find new ways forward. Its research beacons demonstrate its commitment to making a difference, enabling it to improve the lives of people around the world through its research.
Worth of Award
The Fully funded award includes:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1,000 Research Training Support Grant per year
To be considered for this award you must:
- Have submitted an application by the deadline for a PhD programme to start in September 2023.
- Hold (or expect to achieve) a first-class or 2.1 UK honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally, hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate potential for academic research. This may include undergraduate projects, placements, internships, contributions to publications or articles, promoting research to a wider audience, prizes for previous work or setting up collaborations with other groups.
- Be able to demonstrate involvement in broader activities, e.g. outreach, volunteering, community engagement, engagement in EDIA and other extra-curricular activities. Candidates must also:
- meet English language entry requirements as specified by the Department that you are applying to;
- have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, and prizes for research or project work.
How to Apply
All applications for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Apply by March 31, 2023.