Bangor Business School in Wales, Britain, invites suitably qualified international PhD students to apply for the 2014 Studentships.. We are offering a number of PhD Studentships for research projects across a range of disciplines. The research will focus on these disciplines:
- Accounting and Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Management, Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
Worth of Award
- The PhD bursary provides a total annual allowance of £13,500, plus tuition fees at the Home/EU rate. International applicants must pay the difference between the Home/EU and International fees.
- Bursary holders are required to contribute around 100 hours teaching and/or research support per annum focused on a supervisor / research team as part of their development as an academic of the future.
- As a guide, Home/EU fees currently stand at £3,900 p.a. (2014/15 fees TBC), while International fees are £13,000 p.a. Successful International applicants will therefore be required to pay tuition fees of approximately £9,100 p.a. (final figure to be confirmed in due course).
Normally, the preferred applicant will have gained first class honours or distinction at masters level (or be demonstrating culpable evidence of being able to achieve this) and have an IELTS score of 7.0 or equivalent
How to Apply
- If you wish to apply for a BBS PhD Studentship, please select the project that interests you and make clear on your application form which project you are applying for.
- You should write ‘I am applying for a 2014 BBS funded studentship’ then THE PROJECT TITLE then where you heard about the Research Project or Studentship.
Your application must include:
- A statement (approximately 500 words) about your relevant research skills (listing all your relevant skills, relevant prior experience, the title and a brief description of your graduate study).
- A statement (500-1000 words) about your main focus of research interest, potentially describing some research you have done in the past. Indicate clearly how you think this research interest would fit with the research project and with the research environment of Bangor Business School.
- A full CV.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by June 1, 2014.
Click here to apply online