MTN Foundation invites qualified Nigerian undergraduate students to apply for its 2014 MTN Scholarship. Operating from Nigeria’s business capital of Lagos, the MTN Foundation was incorporated in July 2004 to offer a sustainable and focused channel through which MTN Nigeria would drive its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives in all 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory.
Worth of Award
Successful candidates will be communicated on the worth of the award
Please read carefully before completing the application form. Be sure that the information you provide is accurate.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University
- Current Beneficiaries of the MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship award are not eligible to apply
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modelling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
How to Apply
Eligible applicants are to apply online via their website (see link below).
- The MTN Foundation reserves the right to cancel or suspend a scholarship award if it is discovered that an applicant /awardee provided false information.
- Names of successful candidates will be published in National Dailies
- Please note that all information provided will be verified and persons with fraudulent information will be held accountable.
- Please note that the online application is the only mode of application
Deadline: Application closes May 4, 2014
Click here for more details and to apply online