The University of Manchester in the UK is inviting applications for the Master’s Scholarship for Ugandans for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. Scholarships are available for specific courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles, and law.
Note that there is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and their admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted to the course of your choice.
Worth of Award
- There are 29 scholarships (19 for full-time study and 10 for online study) for selected courses available to students from Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and Tanzania
- The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international airfares, living expenses, and visas.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have at least two years’ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- Be a resident citizen of Uganda and have not previously studied outside Africa (training of six months or less does not count);
- Be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Uganda;
- Have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
How to Apply
To apply you will need:
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects are taken and grades achieved (temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application).
- Evidence of your English Language ability as stated above.
- Two up-to-date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They don’t need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
Deadline: Applications closes August 31, 2019.