Shanghai Municipal Education Commission invites applications for the Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students for the 2022/23 academic session.
This program is aimed at promoting international cooperation and communication, and attracting more outstanding prospective international students to study in Shanghai. It is established to fund distinctive prospective international students to study in higher educational institutions in Shanghai.
Worth of Award
The Shanghai Government Scholarship is classified into two categories.
- Type A (Full scholarship): covers tuition, expenses for accommodation and living, and medical insurance during the corresponding study period. It’s established to fund excellent prospective students applying for postgraduate, undergraduate and pre-college programs worth between 59,200 yuan to 66,200 yuan.
- Type B (Partial scholarship): covers tuition and medical insurance during the corresponding study period. It’s established to fund excellent prospective students applying for postgraduate and undergraduate programs worth between 20,800 yuan to 27,800 yuan.
Furthermore, Classification 1 includes philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management; Classification 2 includes science, engineering and agriculture; Classification 3 includes medicine and art.
- The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- S/he must be applying for undergraduate programs, should obtain a high school degree or above and be no more than 25 years old.
- The applicant applying for the pre-college program should obtain a high school degree under the age of 23 years, with a letter of pre-admission of undergraduate program from a Shanghai university.
In the same vein, the applicant must
- be outstanding in academic performance.
- have language proficiency.
Generally, the applicant should achieve Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
S/he must also meet entry requirements of the applied university and program.
However, it is important to note that an applicant that has received any other scholarships offered by Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply SGS.
How to Apply
To apply, simply click here.
Deadline: Applications for the Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students are ongoing.