International Development Research Centre (IDRC) fellowship offers fellowships to eligible candidates from sub Saharan African countries wishing to embark on the above one year full time Masters Programme in Social Protection Financing. The scholarship is tenable in the University of Mauritius for the 2014/15 academic session.
Worth of Award
The fellowship will cover the following expenditures:
- Return airfare in economy class
- Full Tuition Fees
- Contribution towards living costs
- Medical Insurance Cover
- Application is open to students from Sub-Saharan Africa
- At least a Second Class Honours Degree from a recognised University, GPA not less than 2.50, or alternative qualifications acceptable to the University of Mauritius.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) with at least Second Class in economics, statistics, social science, actuarial science, mathematics, finance or a related field or an acceptable equivalent. Applicants not holding one of those degrees may be asked to pass an entry test.
- Preference will be given to candidates serving in government ministries, social protection institutions, and organizations representing employers and workers.
- Other applicants will be accepted according to the availability of places. In the case of applicants from government ministries, social protection organizations and workers’ and employers’ organizations, the applicants will be expected to give a written undertaking that, if admitted to the Programme, they will return to their sending ministry, institution or organization for a period after graduation to be mutually agreed between the applicant and her/his employer.
How to Apply
- All applications must be made online via their website (see link below)
Deadline: Application deadline April 30, 2014
Click here for details and to apply online