The Music In Africa Foundation (MIAF), in partnership with Goethe-Institutt, invites organisations operating in Southern Africa’s creative and cultural industries to apply for the Sound Connects Fund (SCF) for Cultural Creatives in 2023.
The Sound Connects Fund (SCF) is a multifaceted initiative that aims to accelerate development and increase the capacity of the cultural and creative sectors in Southern Africa. This it will do by offering financial support in the form of different sized grants and comprehensive capacity-building programmes.
Worth of Award
The value of the approved grants will range between €45,000 and €70,000.
The fund seeks to support projects and activities in the cultural and creative sector that:
- Facilitate the rapid production and distribution of high-quality goods within and outside the Southern African region.
- Increase capacities among professionals.
- Support rapid mobility and exchange among creators.
- Enhance access to new markets.
- Develop visual literacy (especially among underrepresented groups).
- Promote advocacy aimed at protecting the interests of creators.
- Support the existence of sustainable financing structures.
Angola, Botswana, eSwatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe
The fund supports projects across a wide range of disciplines including, but not limited to, performing arts, visual arts, animation, film, gaming, photography and videography.
Applications to the Sound Connects Fund can be made in both English and Portuguese from organizations based in the eligible countries.
How to apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: The final call closes on January 15, 2023.