Konrad Adenauer Foundation invites applications for the Middle East and North Africa Rule of Law Internship Program in Beirut for the 2022/23 academic session.
Freedom, justice and solidarity are the guiding principles of the work of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS). The rule of law program in the Middle East/North Africa focuses on the following thematic priority areas as part of its objectives:
- Rule of law structures and main institutional elements of the rule of law, such as a functioning constitutional jurisdiction
- Separation of powers, in particular, a strong, recognized and independent judiciary and a law-abiding administration
- Ensuring fundamental and human rights in both their substantive and procedural dimensions
- Strengthening of regional associations if they contribute to safeguarding the rule of law and democracy
Worth of Award
The Rule of Law Program Middle East/North Africa offers a small monthly salary for the internship; all living expenses including rent and travel to and from the internship must be borne by the students themselves.
- Good language skills in Arabic and English are expected. Proficiency in French and/or German is an added benefit.
- Flexibility, the ability to work in a team, a willingness to assume responsibility and identification with the values of the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation are also expected.
- In order to achieve the greatest possible benefit for everyone involved, the duration of the internship should normally not be less than 12 weeks.
How to apply
The application documents should contain a curriculum vitae in tabular form and a detailed letter of motivation for the internship, including possible main areas of work.
The application documents should be emailed to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications are open.