CyberGirls invites applications for the CyberGirls Fellowship Programme for African Girls and Women in 2023.
CyberGirls is a 1-year fellowship that equips girls with globally sought-after cyber security skills, helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
Worth of Award
- The learning journey begins with cyber security fundamentals and moves on to more specialized niche cyber security learning paths which fellows will decide on midway through the fellowship. These paths include Threat Intelligence, Cloud Security, Penetration/Vulnerability Testing, Governance Risk and Compliance, Incident Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1), and Web Application Testing/DevSecOps.
- You will also be exposed to opportunities such as mentoring sessions with leading female cyber security professionals, hands-on coaching sessions, masterclasses, and fireside chats with leaders from across the world, and a landscape that connects you with other budding cyber security talents in Africa.
You can be a part of the fellowship if you:
- Are a Female aged 18 – 28 years old as of the commencement of the fellowship – 24th March 2023
- From and resident in an African country and passionate about (starting a career in) cyber security
- Proficient in English and have completed High school/Secondary school
- Can withstand the pressures of an intensive hands-on technical training
- Have access to the internet and are willing to devote fully to 7 months of intensive training
How to Apply
- Your application should include information about your health if it may affect your studies. Note that having a health condition or living with a disability will not hinder your acceptance into the fellowship. This is provided the condition will not restrict your full participation in fellowship activities.
- Explain why you should be selected for the fellowship with a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 200 words. Note that plagiarism is a serious offense and will be deemed ineligible.
- Be sure to include relevant references in your application.
Deadline: Applications for the CyberGirls Fellowship Programme close December 4, 2022.