The Victor Pinchuk Foundation and the Pinchuk Art Centre invites applications for the Future Generation Art Prize 2014. The Future Generation Art Prize established by the Victor Pinchuk Foundation in 2009 is a worldwide contemporary art prize to discover, recognize and give long-term support to a future generation of artists. The Prize is a major contribution to the open participation of younger artists in the dynamic cultural development of societies in global transition.
The Prize is an innovative new international award for artists up to 35 years of age, investing in the artistic development and new production of works. Awarded through a competition, judged by a distinguished jury, the Prize is founded on the idea of generosity, a network of outstanding patron artists and institutional partners, and a highly democratic application procedure
Worth of Award
- The winner receives a total of $100,000: $60,000 as a cash award, and $40,000 towards the production of new work. An additional $20,000 is allocated to fund artist-in-residency programmes for up to five Special prize-winners.
- Applicants should be artists not older 35 years of age
- Applications are accepted in 10 different languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
How to Apply
Applications are to be made online via their website (see link below)
- Participants must fill in all fields of the Application Form and upload a photo/video of between 3 (three) and 7 (seven) of their artworks meeting the size limitations as outlined in the Entry Form.
- The artwork(s) must be the participant’s own work(s). The participant hereby warrants that he/she has full title to the artwork(s), that he/she has all rights to submit the artwork(s) on these Terms and Conditions and from the moment of submission he/she will not enter into any commitments (by way of agreement or otherwise) which may limit their participation in the Prize or in the Prize Exhibition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- Each participant may apply only once during the Application Session;
- A group of artists can apply as one participant; at the same time any artist who belongs to a group that has applied can apply individually as a separate participant;
- Each participant agrees to take part in the Prize Exhibition if selected by the Selection Committee;
- Every participant agrees to pass to the Organizers all rights to use an image of his artwork(s) for publication and communication without any payment as long as its use is not damaging and/or intended to damage his/her reputation as an artist;
- Entry forms and other information submitted by participant can be reviewed by the Organizers at any time to ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions;
- A participant may not amend their entry form or any other information once it has been submitted;
- Registration and participation in the Prize is free of charge;
- A participant may be asked at any time to provide all relevant proof of the accuracy of any submitted information to the satisfaction of the Organizers;
- An Application shall be deemed accepted once the participant receives confirmation by email. If the entry form is not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the participant will not receive confirmation by e-mail;
- The Organizers and the Selection Committee have the unilateral right to exclude a participant’s application which does not comply with the Terms and Conditions;
Deadline: Application closes on April 30, 2014