Applications are invited for the 2014 School of Graduate Studies, Graduate Assistantship (GA) which is offered to student who fulfills reasonable assistantship duties, which are assigned by the relevant Faculty, and conform to the tenets of the GSA Collective Agreement.
Worth of award
- Full assistantship of $3,600 for 120 hours assigned work in a single semester.
- Half assistantship of $1,800 for 60 hours assigned work in a single semester.
- Renewal is contingent upon maintaining eligibility (academic merit) and satisfactory progress & standing in the graduate program.
- All students accepted into the eligible programs are automatically considered.
- A limited number of graduate assistantships are available.
- Assistantships are allocated on the basis of academic merit and departmental recommendation.
- Must be in good academic standing; basis of academic merit (admission GPA).
- Graduate students enrolled in a thesis-based MA, MSc, MFA, MMus or PhD program.
- Completed no more than 24 months (48 months for part time)/ 48 months in the respective masters or doctoral program.
How to apply
- No application is required. All eligible candidates are considered at the time of application to the graduate program.
- Departmental Review Committees are encouraged to include their recommendations for this funding in the review process of individuals’ application for admission
Deadline: Application closes on February yearly.
Click here to apply online