Emerging Institutions Fellowship (EIFP) provides hands-on service opportunities for young business and development professionals from around the world at Africa’s leading for-profit and nonprofit firms.
It is designed to match financial capital invested in emerging African businesses with the human capital needed to take these institutions to scale
Worth of Awards
- LDI Africa through its EIFP recruits organizations that are doing excellent work particularly in the financial and investment industries across Africa. Partners range from mid-level to large global institutions; with capital investment of $200,000 and above.
- While working with their organization, Fellows enjoy the following benefits and more;
- Experience the growth of Africa’s most innovative businesses
- Exposure to emerging markets
- Paid positions, housing and travel
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Potential consulting, employment and seed capital investment after fellowship
- Entry into the global LDI Africa network
Criteria’s for being a fellow include
- Fellows come to the EIFP with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills set. At a minimum, all fellows are required to have an undergraduate degree, a commitment to excellence, be 35 years or less and be fluent in English.
- Host organizations may also designate other specific skill requirements for their Fellows. Other requirements include:
- Two to ten years of professional experience
- MBA candidate or early to mid-level professional with interest in/familiarity with emerging markets
- Professional background in business, management consulting, strategy, finance, and social enterprise and international development.
- Interest in building a career in Africa after the fellowship
How to apply
To apply, applicants are to follow these steps
- Apply: Send an email with your resume, a cover letter and two (2) letters of recommendation to [email protected]
- Letters of Recommendation: LDI Africa requires two letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in a professional capacity and can write about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success an LDI Africa Fellow.
- Review Process: Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Phone interviews will be conducted with semi-finalists. Host organizations will conduct Skype video interviews with selected finalists. Host organizations will make their final recommendations to LDI Africa and LDI Africa will notify the selected candidates.
Deadline: Application closes on May 17, 2014.
Click here to apply